– Trade & Supply Chains
– Health Care & WHO
– U.S. & Indian Regulations
Start your week with a generous dose of foresight. Be the first to know so you are the first to lead! In just 5 minutes get a head start on this week’s global political and economic events that will shape your business, strategy, and portfolio. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest edition, every Monday, in your inbox.
#governmentanalytica #electricvehicles #batteries #pandemics #artificialintelligence #safety #singleuseplastic #globalhealth #asean #apec #eu #latinamerica #chinabusiness #techindustry #lifescienceindustry #medicaldevices #pharmaindustry
Welcome to Government Analytica’s Geopolitical & Development Week Ahead newsletter. We provide in-depth coverage and analysis of the latest in local and international development, economy, regulations, and politics that shape the national business environment of key countries around the world.
We delve into the policies and decisions that shape economic development and regulatory frameworks, and how they impact businesses and individuals alike. We explore the challenges and opportunities faced by different industries and sectors and provide insights into emerging government-influenced trends and opportunities.
In addition, we closely monitor government developments and their potential impact on the economy and regulatory landscape. From changes in government policies to shifts in international megatrends, we keep you informed of their emergence and impact.
Whether you are a company, business owner, investor, advisor, consultant, policymaker, or simply interested in staying up to date on the latest economic and political developments, our newsletter is the perfect resource for you.
GOVERNMENT ANALYTICA ACADEMY: Learn more about 6-steps to Effective Government Advocacy with this quick 1-pager. Contact us to learn more about our capabilities and see how we can be of service to you.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
The UN Global Road Safety Week starts today.
European Commission – Occupational Safety and Health Summit. Stockholm, Sweden – The European Commission and the Swedish Presidency will jointly review the progress of the Commission’s Strategic Framework on Health and Safety at Work 2021–2027. Discussions at the summit will focus on mental health in working life, the role of the social partners, the vision zero approach to work-related deaths, the effects of heat waves and climate change in the field of occupational safety and health and evaluation of national occupational safety and health strategies. The program also includes a study visit. The meeting aims at gathering politicians at ministerial or state-secretary level from all member states, the EU institutions and experts in the field of occupational safety and health. More information on the event
U.S. Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology, and the Law, Meeting: An oversight hearing to examine A.I., focusing on rules for artificial intelligence.
An informal consultations on the political declaration for the SDG Summit will be held in United Nations HQ.
An informal consultations on the political declaration for the high- level meeting on universal health coverage ahead of September United Nations General Assembly meeting amongst Heads of State begins today.
U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management, Hearing: The Impacts of FEMA’s Strategic Plan on Disaster Preparedness and Response
G7 Leaders’ Summit will take place in Hiroshima (Japan).
International Conference on Green Building, 19-21 May 2023, Malmoe, Sweden
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Sunday parliamentary elections in Greece.
GLOBAL ECONOMIC PULSE
Interest rate decisions are to be announced by Egypt (currently at 18.25%), Mexico (currently at 11.25%) and the Philippines (currently at 6.25%). First quarter GDP will be released for Chile, Colombia and Thailand. Inflation will be reported for Poland. China will report industrial production and retail sales figures. Concerns over the US debt-ceiling linger into the week. There is a divergence between manufacturing and services. While services vibrance had been driven by consumer services demand, consumer goods have lagged according to the latest S&P Global Sector Purchasing Managers Index.
Earnings Reports This Week: Mitsubishi Financial Group (MUFG), Nu Holdings (NU), Ryanair Holdings (RYAAY), XP Inc. (XP), Catalent (CTLT), Home Depot (HD), Sea Limited (SE), Baidu (BIDU), Vodafone Group (VOD), Keysight Technologies (KEYS), Tencent Music Entertainment Group (TME), Cisco Systems (CSCO), TJX Companies (TJX), Target Corporation (TGT), Synopsys (SNPS), Copart Inc. (CPRT), ZTO Express (ZTO), Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (TTWO), Walmart (WMT), Alibaba (BABA), Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT), Ross Stores (ROST), KE Holdings (BEKE), Bath & Body Works (BBWI), Deere & Company (DE), Foot Locker Inc. (FL)
NOTEWORTHY REGULATIONS, LEGISLATION, DECISIONS & REPORTS
- AUTOMOTIVE: KPMG published a report on electric Vehicles: KPMG The Future of Automotive. Future success for automakers will be determined by their ability to adapt to five categories of change that require strategic responses and changes in business and operating models.
- At the Seventy-Sixth World Health Assembly, world health organization described its WHO 2024-2025 Budget and related program key performance indicators it must achieve for success.
- The Conference Board published its list of Conference Board 2023 top Public Policy Priorities
- The EU has implemented a range of measures to promote the EU Sustainability and Competitiveness of the Battery Value Chain. Read about it in the Latham & Watkins report. EU has established mandatory recycling of batteries in gadgets as well as vehicles as well mandatory recycled content in each battery.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency published a nearly 400 page notice where EPA is proposing several actions under section 111 of the Clean Air Act (CAA) to reduce the significant quantity of Greenhouse Gas emissions from new and existing fossil fuel-fired Electric Generating Units by establishing new source performance standards and emission guidelines that are based on available and cost-effective technologies that directly reduce GHG emissions from these sources.
- International Transport Forum published a report proposing a comprehensive classification of “New Mobility” Services and Vehicles that are changing the way people travel. It also identified performance indicators to help set the right policies as New Mobility evolves. It proposes a framework to systematically collect and compare New Mobility-related data. Finally, the report examined how governments and private stakeholders can collaborate to improve their understanding of New Mobility and determine if and where policy interventions are needed.
- World Bank published its flagship report the WORLD DEVELOPMENT REPORT 2023: Migrants, Refugees, and Societies.
How can we help you? Click to learn …
Contact us to learn more about our capabilities and see how we can be of service to you.
SECTORS WE TRACK
POLITICAL LEADERSHIP: Covering changes in political leadership and elections.
GEOPOLITICS & POLITICAL RISK: Movements of government positions in multilateral organizations. Major changes in governments policies and regulations.
SUPPLY CHAINS & INDUSTRIAL POLICY: Major global issues around trade, trade relations and supply chains.
ECONOMY: Major countries’ economic developments, major changes in GDP and other economic indicators. Investments, jobs, monetary pressures in key economies.
FISCAL STIMULUS or SURPLUS SPENDING: Government investments in economic stimulus and social assistance. Government social assistance to businesses. External or internal national investments.
TAXES: Changes in taxation regulation for VAT, corporate tax, and other forms of taxation.
LABOR: Employment and unemployment trends and regulations. Workforce changes and shifts in labor demands.
FINANCIAL SERVICES: Multilateral financial institution investments in new projects. National banks and important monetary decisions.
INFRASTRUCTURE & CONSTRUCTION: Major new infrastructure investment projects focused on transportation (roads, rail, aviation, shipping), municipal water systems, national and regional electrical grid, telecommunication & broadband.
ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT: Government investments and regulation in support of major environmental policies. Investment and regulation for energy production including oil & gas and renewables, smart electricity transmission and distribution. Investment and regulation for point-of-use electrification.
HEALTHCARE: Major new health policies and regulatory changes in key economies around the world. Major global new or updated pharma or medical device regulations. New emerging threats of infectious diseases and outbreaks. Pandemic preparedness and response.
TECHNOLOGY: Major movements in government technology policy. Major technological advancements impacting market verticals.
AVIATION: Airlines and aviation company developments including MRO. Flag carrier policy developments.
AUTO INDUSTRY: Major auto industry trends and government policy.
SUBSCRIBERS: C-Suite executives, leaders in associations, nonprofits, NGOs, major consulting companies, think tanks, ministers and members of parliaments.
SUBSCRIBER GEOGRAPHY: Our Subscribers are from the U.S. and other developed and fast-growing emerging economies.
OPEN RATE: On average, over 70% open and read our newsletter.
We take an in-depth look one week ahead and one week back. Start your week with a generous dose of hindsight and foresight!